On 10/13/2012 07:48 AM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
Hi Philip,

On Oct 13, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Philip Balister <phi...@balister.org> wrote:

If you are interested in a kernel built direct from the Xilinx repo look at:

https://github.com/balister/meta-zynq

I just pushed use changes yesterday and could use some help testing them.

It is setup to boot from a SD card. You have to take the output of the u-boot
recipe and use the Xilinx tools to combine it with the fsbl to get the required
BOOT.BIN file.

I'll help out and test your layer first, and let you know. It's going to take
me a while to get used to this new board. I always find that I end up spending
more than 2 to 3 months, just getting to know each platform to a good level,
the last two ones being the Gumstix TI OMAP 3530 and the Xilinx ML507. I'm
going to brace myself, its going to be a deep dive I think! :-)

Adrian Alonso's meta-xilinx layer had some *.bbclass files, that invoked the
Xilinx tools to create the ace image files, so perhaps that could be modified
to automate the process or getting the final BOOT.BIN file.

Unfortunately I do not have the Xilinx tools installed on the machine I do the builds on. I'd love to post a working BOOT.BIN, but 1) I haven't tested this on he zc702 yet, and 2) I need to work out if I can distribute the binary since it includes GPL u-boot and non-GPL fsbl.

I understand it will take some time to get up to speed. I am finding the Xilinx workflow based around planAhead to be "challenging".

Philip

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson