On 12-11-28 01:07 AM, Yu Pan wrote:
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for commenting :-)

    You shouldn't have needed to do this part, since the board already has
    a preempt-rt BSP description:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/__cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-3.4/__tree/meta/cfg/kernel-cache/__bsp/beagleboard/beagleboard-__preempt-rt.scc?h=meta

<http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-3.4/tree/meta/cfg/kernel-cache/bsp/beagleboard/beagleboard-preempt-rt.scc?h=meta>

    And when you build the linux-yocto-rt kernel with that board, that
    description should be found, and it enables all the base options
    already.

    If you look in your build, what does the file 'linux/meta/top_tgt'
    contain ?

This was what puzzles me as well. I thought bitbake should pickup what

It's the kern-tools that find the .scc file based on information passed
in from bitbake, in this case, the board name and the kernel type.

is specified in beagleboard-preempt-rt.scc to produce the .config in the
kernel build directory. But it did not, at least for the PREEMPT part.
Below is the PREEMPT related configs in the .config without manually
doing the menuconfig:

# CONFIG_PREEMPT_RCU is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE=y
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT__LL is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_RTB is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT_FULL is not set

Follow your pointer, I checked linux/meta/top_tgt, it indeed points to
meta/cfg/kernel-cache/bsp/beagleboard/beagleboard-preempt-rt.scc, which

And this means that the right one was found.

includes ktypes/preempt-rt (why not ktypes/preempt-rt.scc?). In
ktypes/preempt-rt.cfg (included by ktypes/preempt-rt.scc),
CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT_FULL=y is there. So why not this configuration
fragment not picked up in the final .config?

It should always make it into the final .config, are you working on
master ? I'll run my own tests here to see if I can reproduce the
failure. Master should also have a better Kconfig audit report, are
you seeing any messages about Kconfig options being dropped ?

Cheers,

Bruce

Cheers
Pan Yu