Hey Satya,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Well, it should create the kernel image and wrap it for u-boot. At least
that is my experience and what I just did during a YP class on the weekend
for the BeagleBone.

What is linux-dummy? Is that a kernel recipe that you created?

I second what Khem said that you may be missing the BSP or have incorrect
entries in your machine configuration file. That file ties machine-specific
stuff such as kernel, bootloader etc. together.

I am not sure about the device tree compiler. YP builds dtc as a native
package. The only reason I can imagine is that it was not built when you
are trying to build u-boot.

The SRCREV tags for u-boot I got from git.denx.de:

2013.01.01:
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=tag;h=8512592e47cc968d2d6eb788acde761ebc3acbf6

2013.01:
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=tag;h=35c192cf449860aec8766e20a51bf2052a1dc968