On 13-03-11 09:46 AM, Eric Bénard wrote:
Hi Bruce,

Le Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:37:44 -0400,
Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfi...@windriver.com> a écrit :
Can you post your exact changes where we can see them ? You need to put
the module_autload variable in a .conf file, whether that be your
local.conf, your machine.conf or you distro configuration file (which
it appears that you are doing), but you also must have the name of
the module package correct, and the module needs to be part of your
IMAGE_INSTALL, since the code fragment I pasted above is from the
post installation fragment created for the various module packages
as they are created.

i.e. I have this in a .conf file:

     module_autoload_nfsd = "nfsd"

To ensure that the nfsd .ko is loaded on boot, when the module is built
and present on the rootfs.

I think the problem is that this works when building modules inside the
kernel (module_autoload is handled in kernel.bbclass), but not when

Not in master anymore, but agreed, we are talking Danny here IIRC.

building a module with its own recipe (using module.bbclass) as Hans
is doing, that's why I previously told him to "get inspiration from
kernel.bbclass to do the same thing in your recipe".

Ah yes. I do recall a nuance of a package with mixed kernel modules and
userspace code.

The new module-split class from master would handle this nicely, so
taking inspiration from master's would would probably be an even
shorter route to getting something working.

Cheers,

Bruce

Eric