Hi folks,

There is a new index for OpenEmbedded layers available here:

  http://layers.openembedded.org

It can be used to browse and search for existing layers, as well as the
recipes and machines contained within them. In addition to the short
description, repository location and usage link we were collecting in the
existing wiki, we can now store information on maintainers, layer
dependencies, and the associated mailing list, as well as a longer
description. New layers can be submitted easily using a simple form which does
not require a login.

I've imported all the data from the existing index on the OE wiki and filled
in the blanks by hand - please check the entries for your layers and if I've
missed anything or entered something incorrectly, please let me know (reply
off-list) and I'll fix it; alternatively if you're already listed as the
maintainer of a layer you can create an account with the same email address
and you'll be able to edit the entry yourself at any time.

The index also supports multiple branches, but for the moment there is only a
master branch configured as I'd like to have people check the layer data before
adding the additional stable branches (danny and denzil).

Feedback on the new site is welcome. The code is also available in case you
want to take a look / improve something - see the TODO file for possible future
improvements:

  http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/layerindex-web/

Once people have had a chance to give feedback I'll replace the content of the
existing OE wiki page with a link to the new index.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton