Followup:

I figured I'd try a sato build, since that's what the example on the BSP
page uses. But core-image-sato-cedartrail-nopvr panics in the same way as
core-image-base-cedartrail-nopvr. For sato, I surmised maybe 1GB wasn't
enough, so I put in a second stick. This time, instead of spewing out a lot
of kernel startup stuff ending in a panic, it gave me a SYSLINUX signon on
the top of the screen, sat there for about 10 seconds, then rebooted into
the BIOS, repeatedly. So I put back core-image-base-cedartrail-nopvr, and it
also gave me the SYSLINUX signon, and rebooted after 10 seconds.

The fact that it behaves differently with 2GB suggests that maybe 1GB isn't
enough, but that seems hard to imagine even for sato, let alone the base
console version. I've run Ubuntu on these particular RAM modules, on a
different motherboard, so I don't think I've got bad RAM.

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated. For all my work, and
apparently successful builds, I haven't managed to boot anything yet.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pdero...@ix.netcom.com