On Wednesday 17 April 2013 10:24:42 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   a while back, i dug into how FILESEXTRAPATHS worked with respect to
> .bbappend files and i wrote it up, just updated it a bit here:
>
> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/FILESEXTRAPATHS_and_bbappend_files
>
> do i have it about right? it seemed that the underlying details
> weren't really explained well in any of the current yocto docs, and i
> wanted something i could point students at.

It looks OK to me although if you're going to point students at it I might
suggest moving the "don't look here!" stuff elsewhere ;)

Also as I believe I mentioned before, FILESEXTRAPATHS adds not just one
directory but an "entire list of directories" is it allows bbappend file path
behaviour to match that of the recipe itself.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton