I am looking to build for MPC8572 with Dylan and checked out the
meta-fsl-ppc BSP layer. Seems like support for that machine was removed in
May [1]. The reason given was " *u-boot code base can not support mpc85xx
for sdk 1.3.2". Howerver, that was contested in a follow-up e-mail.
Interestingly, the QorIQ-SDK-V1.3.2-20130325-yocto does contain
meta-fsl-ppc with support for that machine.

I grepped through the git log but could not even find the commit that
removed it.

Could someone please comment on the status? Is the BSP layer contained in
QorIQ-SDK-V1.3.2-20130325-yocto compatible with Dylan?

Thanks,
Rudi

[1]
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2013-May/002679.html