From: Kevyn-Alexandre Paré [kap...@rogue-research.com]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2015 12:58 AM
To: Alvin D.M. DIZON
Subject: Re: [yocto] Confused with adding drivers to kernel via bitbake -c
menuconfig

Hi Alvin,

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 12:43 AM, Alvin D.M. DIZON
<adm.di...@pciltd.com.sg> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to the generic USB bluetooth driver "btusb" to my i.MX6Q SABRE
> SD, so that my USB Bluetooth dongle(Cambridge Silicon Radio). Upon reading
> https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-100847 I enabled the Bluetooth
> subsystem support, RFCOMM, BNEP, and HIDP, as well as the HCI USB driver. I
> saved the .config file and copied it to the directory where my Linux recipe
> is (linux-imx_3.10.17.bb). I then renamed my .config file into defconfig,
> made a new folder called "files" and placed the defconfig in it. I also made
> a .bbappend file that contained

I personally prefer this approach:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6.1/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html#changing-the-configuration
second part with the .cfg

Doing this you can then validate it:
bitbake linux-imx -c configure -f

cat tmp/work/<PATH>/linux-imx/<VERSION>/build/.config | grep CONFIG_BT

> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
> SRC_URI += "file://defconfig"
>
> I then ran "bitbake -c cleansstate linux-imx", after that I ran "bitbake
> fsl-image-x11". I flashed the resulting .sdcard file to an SD card, booted up
> my board, but found no trace of btusb. I tried doing "bitbake -f -c compile
> linux-imx" and then "bitbake -f -c deploy linux-imx", and copied the
> resulting uImage to my SD card's /media/Boot folder, but still no trace of
> btusb. I checked the tar archive for the kernel modules found in the
> /tmp/deploy/images/imx6qsabresd folder, and found two files called
> modules.order and modules.builtin, the btusb driver is listed in the
> modules.builtin file, but not mentioned in the modules.order file, I have
> also tried compiling the driver as module, and then ran the same commands as
> listed in the said link, but could not find the module. What am I doing wrong
> here? Any help will be will be appreciated, since I am new to Linux and the
> Yocto Project.

Before putting it on your SD you could validate that btusb is in
tmp/work/<PATH>/linux-imx/<VERSION>/image

Or

grep btusb tmp/work/<PATH>/linux-imx/<VERSION>/temp/*

Hope it could help,

-KA