On 2015-04-29 01:39 PM, Joel (Xi Zhou) Zhou wrote:
Hi all,

I created a do_fetch() for checkout in-house git repo, which is working
fine with OE.

do_fetch() {

     cd ${WORKDIR}

     rm -rf ${PN}-${PV}

     git clone ssh://svcsw...@git-ccxsw.inhouse.com/linux-lsk ${PN}-${PV}

     cd ${PN}-${PV}

     git checkout ${KBRANCH}

}

With Yocto, the do_fetch() does its job, but do_configure create an issue.

do_configure_prepend() {

     cp ${WORKDIR}/${KERNEL_CONFIG_FILE} ${S}/.config

     oe_runmake oldconfig

}

The do_configure error message:

| make: *** No rule to make target `oldconfig'.  Stop.

Basically, the kernel source checkout by do_fetch() is delete/erase
while running do_configure().

I suspect some tasks between do_fetch and do_configure are doing some
magic work of moving the kernel  source around.

It's better if you can post your entire kernel recipe, and what
branch/release you are using.

There are steps that move the kernel source into work-shared, so that
may be impacting your flow.

But the question has to be asked. Why exactly are you manually fetching
the kernel ? The fetcher can take care of most everything.

If you need to modify the source directory later, have a look at the
steps that I'm taking in kernel-yocto.bbclass, since that works properly
within the fetcher and build infrastructure.

Bruce

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Joel