On 11/02/2015 09:31 AM, Christopher Larson wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Nicolas Dechesne <nicolas.deche...@linaro.org
> <mailto:nicolas.deche...@linaro.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 12:46 AM, Christopher Larson <clar...@kergoth.com
> <mailto:clar...@kergoth.com>> wrote:
>

>             I've just posted patches to the opkg-devel list which should fix
> this. I had
>             intended to give them a bit more testing before I sent them but a
> quick fix is
>             needed.
>

>         Thanks for your quick work on this, Paul, it's much appreciated. From
> some initial testing, builds are completing now. We'll keep testing it out.
>

>     I just hit the same issue. I was pointed out to this thread on IRC today.
> I found the patches on the 0.3.x branch in the opkg git tree. Apart from
> applying these patches, do i need to do anything in any OE variables to use
> the newly added options? I am not entirely sure after reading this thread and
> looking at the patches..
>

> No, there's nothing else you need to do. The patches fromPaul change the opkg
> download cache to use checksums rather than the entire url as the filename,
> which avoids the file name length problem.

The patches are under review on the opkg mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/opkg-devel/UzDigiuKBcs. I asked Paul
for a small modification on one of the patches, once that's done, I will pull
them into the opkg repo (and we'll need to update the opkg recipe).

> I would not apply the first patch in the series, however, since that's not
> related to this. The first patch (memory leak fix) caused double-free
> failures in glibc in our testing.

yes, the first patch needs to be dropped

--
Cheers,

Alejandro