At least for arm (I have not tested other arch) building gdb-7.10 with

Build Configuration:

BB_VERSION        = "1.29.0"

BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"

NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Fedora-22"

TARGET_SYS        = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"

MACHINE           = "beaglebone"

DISTRO            = "poky"

DISTRO_VERSION    = "2.0+snapshot-20160305"

TUNE_FEATURES     = "arm armv7a vfp  neon        callconvention-hard
cortexa8"
TARGET_FPU        = "hard"

meta

meta-poky

meta-yocto-bsp    = "master:5cd71fe432c9bdfd3ff519543e96e8caa2b7cf6c"

meta-oe

meta-python       = "master:36aab3f797630e3de680a88523f40ead4ca95d28"

meta-qt5          = "master:88a7f264ef5f64d73881c384d22bf883b2cbf72e"

compile fails with the following error message:

| make[2]: *** No rule to make target '../readline/libreadline.a', needed by
'gdb'.  Stop.
| make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

The reason seems to be a broken path to the built-in readline in the makefile
as the default configuration is
--without-system-readline. Enabling

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-dbg = " readline"

solves the problem.

I wonder if anybody else has observed this problem?

Cheers,
Rudi