On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 1:47 AM, Anicic Damir (PSI) <damir.ani...@psi.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am building Yocto 2.1 for PowerPC-64
>
> I have bind and dhcpcd packages built in.
>
> named service (from bind) gets started - but I do not want it started

You may be able to do it via a image post processing function.

> dhcpcd service does not get started - but I would like to have it started

hmm that may be a bug you need to see why it does not start

> I would also prefer not to remove bind, because I need dig (dig, host,
> nslookup)

you have to change the code, doing finer packaging for bind where the daemon
gets packaged into package of its own and rest of the binaries e.g.
dig etc go into
another output package e.g. bind-extra or somesuch. then you just
include bind-extas
in your image.