Hi all,

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Mont3z Claros <mont3z.cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Khem Raj <raj.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Actually, pine64 has a 64bit U-Boot, I think maybe the layer just needs
>>> to be updated to use mainline (or v2016.09.01) U-Boot.

>>> Well, you do if you want a bootable image to be made :)  iirc all of the
>>> models are SD card only, no eMMC so assuming firmware "elsewhere" is a
>>> bad idea.
>>
>> You can always write a recipe to package a prebuilt u-boot.
>>

> Hi all,
>
> unfortunately the pine64 mainlilne u-boot is not compatible with the
> kernel I'm compiling.
> To package a prebuilt u-boot could be one solution. At the moment I'm
> investigating the possibility
> of patching u-boot to compile it with multilib.

from my research unfortunately the Cortex A53 from pine64 boots in
32-bit mode with armv7-a instruction set.
This means I cannot use -mabi=ilp32 from aarch64 toolchain to compile it.

After some discussion I also found that if I try to use pine64
mainline u-boot than I would need add support to every
weird interface that AW came up with. Which is something I don't even
understand. :-)

So, I'm considering to leave as it is for now and I'll try to add
recipes for mainline u-boot and mainline kernel (which is still beta).

Thanks,
Montez