According to the docs here one can specify variables that are machine specific, eg KERNEL_DEVICETREE_qemuarm = "versatile-pb.dtb". I can't find a reference on how to create a task specific only for a certain machine. Is there some mechanism to add and execute a custom task just for a specific machine, using *addtask* ?

As an alternative, I could check the machine name right in the beginning of the do_mycustomtask function, and execute code accordingly, something like (pseudo-code):

do_mycustomtask {
    if {MACHINE} != 'myMachineName'
    # code executing for all other machines
addtask mycustomtask after do_configure before do_compile

yocto mailing list