On 12 October 2016 at 18:58, Michael Callahan <coder.calla...@gmail.com>

> I just moved my project from Fido to Krogoth and now I have two
> pythons (2.7 and 3).  This bumps the size of my image by approximately
> 25%.  What would be the most reasonable way to get back to just one
> python?  Ideally I'd like a magical setting to get rid of python3
> because there is no custom code for that one but I suppose with enough
> work I could get all of the python2 code working with python3.

Sadly you can't have a magic option to flip from one to the other as code
isn't compatible.  In general master has moved to be 99% Py3 - with smartpm
being the only major python2 recipe left - but I thought Krogoth was still
Py2 by default so shouldn't be in your image by default.

I suggest you use the usual tools to find out why python2 and python3 are
in your images, and see what you can change to have just one.

yocto mailing list