On Friday, March 10, 2017 2:46:55 AM PST Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 10 March 2017 at 10:45, Gary Thomas <g...@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> > What happened to 'depexp'?  Is 'taskexp' supposed to be the replacement?
>
> Yes.
>
> depexp was great at leaving things out, whereas taskexp shows everything.
>
> It's more, but it's not missing bits.

While I can concur that it is good to have more functionality, why was it
deemed necessary to entirely deprecate 'depexp'? I think now that the Yocto
Project is maturing, it would be good to pay more attention to retaining
backwards compatibility.

I may have missed it, but was there a discussion on the mailing lists about
deprecating and replacing 'depexp'?

Cheers,

--
Rudolf J Streif