Hello,

I am upgrading from pyro to rocko and see something I can’t figure out (see
error below).

I can’t tell if this is dnf telling me there are multiple sources for python or
something else.  Not sure what “conflicting” means.  I do know that the rpm
produced by the of ofa-kernel recipe has some python scripts in it and thus
requires python.  and RDEPENDS for python did not solve it.  I just have no
idea why the image class or dnf thinks the hosttools “provide” anything.  The
python in hosttools is certainly there but I assume that is just found using
PATH.

Any advice would be welcome.

Regards,

Russell

core-image-initramfs-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Could not invoke dnf

Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:00 ago on Thu 08 Feb 2018 12:07:06 AM UTC.
Error:
 Problem: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides <xxxxxxx>/hosttools/python needed by
ofa-kernel-4.2-r0.mymachine

ERROR: core-image-initramfs-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs