Current Dev Position: YP 2.5 M3 development
Next Deadline: YP 2.5 M3 cut off is 2/19/18
SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Tracy on Feb. 9, 2018.
SWAT team rotation: Tracy -> Stephano on Feb. 16, 2018.
· YP 2.5 M2 is currently undergoing QA and nearly complete. See:
· YP 2.2.3 is also mostly through QA. See
· Holidays mean that QA is slowed, we will QA 2.4.2 as soon as they
· autobuilder.yoctoproject.org continues to be unavailable as we
continue to develop the new autobuilder codebase to replace the current heavily
customized buildbot one.
· Some positive performance news is that by removing the “fetchall” and
“checkuriall” tasks, we were able to take “bitbake core-image-sato -g” from 20s
to around 8s. The speedup comes from the runqueue calculation so most builds
will benefit from this speedup. The tasks are replaced by a dedicated bitbake
· Kernel updates have been blocked as some image sizes have overflowed
the maximum allowed image sizes. We’re working on figuring out how to resolve
that, likely by stripping ltp and/or optimising the kernel-devsrc recipe if
· The glibc change is blocked on various build failures the code seems
to trigger as well as issues with gplv2 vs gplv3 patches for meta-gplv2.
Planned upcoming dot releases:
YP 2.4.2 (Rocko) will be built shortly, once there is QA bandwidth available.
YP 2.3.4 (Pyro) will be built when we figure out gcc backports.
YP 2.2.3 (Morty) rc2 is in QA.
YP 2.2.4 (Morty) will be built when we figure out gcc backports.
Key YP 2.5 Dates are:
YP 2.5 M2 cut off is past, it is in QA.
YP 2.5 M2 release of 1/26/18
YP 2.5 M3 cut off of 2/19/18
YP 2.5 M3 release of 3/2/18
YP 2.5 M4 cut off of 4/2/18
YP 2.5 M4 release of 4/27/18
WDD 2610 (last week 2638)
Key Status Links for YP:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Release Engineer
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
• Work Telephone: (503) 712-0534
• Cell: (208) 244-4460
• Email: stephen.k.jol...@intel.com
yocto mailing list