> Hi,
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 02:17:38AM -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 12:35 AM, Iván Castell
> > <icast...@nayarsystems.com> wrote:
> > > I have tried breaking apart packagegroup-core-boot, making a copy in my
> > > custom layer, removing the line referencing busybox:
> > >
> > >     ## VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_login_manager ?= "busybox"
> Have you considered "toybox" ? It probably wouldn't work right-away. Still,
> toybox was designed to provide a replacement for busybox. It is available
> in "meta-oe"
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-
> oe/recipes-core/toybox/toybox_0.7.5.bb

Thank you for the information, I will take into account that tool for
future embedded projects. However, the focus of this issue was to remove
completely busybox from the image, not replacing it by another application

I have created a bbappend with a fragment of the busybox configuration
disabling syslog and udhcpc applets. It works. However the busybox binary
and a lot of applets are still there (adduser, unzip, fbset, traceroute,
and more).

Disabling all different applets and installing native tools instead could
be the right way to procede. Not a nice solution, but at least it should
yocto mailing list