Actually the problem didn't come from doing IMAGE_INSTALL +=.

The problem came from the fact that in my recipe, I was adding the "IMAGE_INSTALL +=" line before the "inherit core-image" in which IMAGE_INSTALL is defined as a ?=. By doing that, the packages defined in the core-image class are not added because the variable IMAGE_INSTALL already exists.

Adding the "IMAGE_INSTALL +=" line after "inherit core-image" solved the problem.

I decided to use xfce as GUI because a recipe for the whole package exists (packagegroup-xfce-base).

Thanks for your help

*Quentin Gouès*
Ingénieur Développement Logiciel

*ACTIA* PCs
14, rue Charles Martigny
94700 MAISONS ALFORT (FRANCE)
Tel. +33 (0)1 42 07 18 00 - Fax +33 (0)1 42 07 85 55
http://www.actia-pcs.fr <http://www.actia-pcs.fr/>