On 04/09/2018 08:13 AM, Jordan, Robin L wrote: > > Current Dev Position: YP 2.5 M4 final close out. > > Next Deadline: YP 2.5 M4 release is 4/27/18 > > > > SWAT Team Rotation: > > SWAT lead is currently: Paul. > > SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Tracy on April 13, 2018 > > SWAT team rotation: Tracy -> Stephano on April 20, 2018 > > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team > > > > Key Status/Updates: > > * The M3 rc1 QA report has been completed: > > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW15_-_2018-04-09-_Full_Test_Cycle_-_2.5_M3_rc1 > There are a number of selftest failures and a known SRCREV > related issue with the build-appliance. We will look into these, > but at this point we don’t foresee these blocking M3 and will aim > to start testing release candidates for the final 2.5 release this > week. > * A problem was spotted with fedora28 which has worryingly decided > to merge extra patches ahead of glibc and “break” ABI over the > split of libcrypt out of glibc into libxcrypt. Since we will have > to handle this, we have decided to change nativesdk-glibc for the > 2.5 release but keep on target as is until the situation with > upstream glibc becomes clearer. > * We realised late in the cycle that we needed to change the > LAYERSERIES_COMPAT variable in the core layers. We have also added > warnings to make this variable more obvious and required it for > Yocto Project Compatible v2 status. It seemed best to make these > changes for 2.5 rather than wait until 2.6. > * We are considering a final late change to 2.5 to allow poky to use > the Yocto Project sstate mirrors by default. Feedback welcome on > whether we should do this. It is late in the cycle but would make > a good speedup for users potentially. > I would not make it the default, but have the url info defined in the sample.local.conf Can the Yocto infrastructure handle the world pinging it for sstate?
> * > * Armin fixed the SDK locale issues with morty, thanks! We are aware > of a related locale build regression on morty sadly. > I assume a bug was opened? > > * > > > * We were able to upgrade pseudo and have hopefully resolved our > fedora27/coreutils issues. Thanks to all who helped! > * Master-next has a number of recipe upgrades queued. We still want > to discourage people from sending recipe upgrades until we start > 2.6; however, there were simply too many patches to ignore. This > has meant various people and build resources have ended up > distracted from 2.5 work. > > > > Planned upcoming dot releases: > > YP 2.3.4 (Pyro) will be built after 2.5 M3 > Wont it be post Rocko point release? > > YP 2.2.4 (Morty) will be built after 2.5 M3 once the glibc 2.27 issue > is fixed > Wouldn't Morty be post Pyro point release? This will the the point release? > YP 2.4.3 (Rocko) is planned for post YP 2.5. > > > > Key YP 2.5 Dates are: > > YP 2.5 M3 is in QA. See status above. > > YP 2.5 M3 was scheduled for release 3/2/18 > > YP 2.5 M4 cut off of 4/2/18 > > YP 2.5 M4 release of 4/27/18 > > > > Tracking Metrics: > > WDD 2570 (last week 2594) > > (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html) > > > > Key Status Links for YP: > > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.5_Status > > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Schedule > > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Features > > > > The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status > > > > [If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on > this weekly status update, let us know!] > > > > >
-- _______________________________________________ yocto mailing list email@example.com https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/yocto