On 06/05/2018 10:33 PM, Mihaela Apetroaie-Cristea wrote:
Hello,

I have a minimal yocto OS built for RPI, which has three partitions: boot, root
and data. Is there any way to resize root and data such that root
expands/flattens when files and others are added/deleted? Such that I can make
more space for the data partition. At the moment my partitions are built with
minimal size and I expand them with gparted after I added them on the sd card.
But if I put my device somewhere unreachable it would be very useful to have a
way to expand and flatten portions on the fly.

Thank you,
Mihaela
It is said that btrfs supports such feature? Frankly I didn't try it out.
Yocto supports building out btrfs images. Maybe you can give it a try?

Best Regards,
Chen Qi