On 6/8/18 2:57 AM, jan vermaete wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about the licenses stuff of Yocto.  I hope this is the correct place to ask.

I followed the instructions of the mega manual (chapter 7.32.3.1 Providing the Source Code).

Added in my local.conf:
   INHERIT += "archiver"
   ARCHIVER_MODE[src] = "original"
   COPYLEFT_LICENSE_EXCLUDE="CLOSED Proprietary"

I have a recipe called x.bb <http://x.bb>, with 'LICENSE = "Proprietary"'

After a build of the image, there is the file 'build/deploy/licenses/x/recipeinfo' which holds the correct license 'LICENSE: Proprietary'

However, I still see the archive of the source code in 'build/deploy/source'

PS: I have DEPLOY_DIR = "${TOPDIR}/deploy" in my local.conf file.  But without, the result is the same.

if you enable verbose output from bitbake it should print the reason for excluding/including a recipe into archive. Maybe that will give better hint on why it thinks it should include the package in source archive

br