Hi Simon,

Thank you for using the Yocto Project and reaching out.

For any open-source component that you would like to add to the Yocto
Project I recommend that you first have a look at
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/ and
enter the name of the component. Chances are that somebody already did
the work. This is indeed the case with gRPC:
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/72419/.

If you cannot find a recipe for the component then you should look at
how the component is built. Most C/C++ components use some sort of a
build system such as GNU Autotools or CMake. The Yocto Project
documentation has sections for the common build systems.

I hope this answers your question.

Rudi

On 06/21/2018 11:15 AM, Simon Chamlian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started using Yocto.
>
> Is there a detailed procedure on how I can port gRPC (for C or C++)
> into a Yocto project?
>
> Thanks,

Rudolf J Streif