On Thursday, 26 July 2018 12:09:46 PM CEST MOHAMMAD RASIM wrote:
> Well, actually I used the find command in that wiki page to find the
> recipe that uses tag name to chose github revision and it found only one
> recipe
>
>  >meta-openembedded/meta-initramfs/recipes-devtools/mtd/ubi-utils-
>  >klibc_1.5.1.bb

Hmm, right, it seems like you're using a previous branch - this got fixed
in a later update of that recipe.

> I masked this recipe in the local.conf file and bitbake failed at
> parsing other recipes, looking at those recipes I saw that they don't
> use tag names but they use
>
>  >SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"
>
> which is logical since bitbake has to issue ls-remote to know what is
> the latest revision on the remote git repo (maybe the wiki page needs
> update to point this ?)
>
> Now I can't remove this AUTOREV in these recipes since I need bitbake to
> fetch the latest updates ( I push updates regularly on that repo and I
> don't want to update the recipe file each time to add the latest revision)
>
> So, here comes the hard part, Is it possible to tell bitbake to issue
> ls-remote if there is network and to use the latest fetched revision in
> the sources directory if the network is disabled ? that way I can use
> ${AUTOREV} in my recipes and bitbake will build from the local repo in
> the sources directory unless there is network to update the local repo,
> probably there is no such thing :) .

So there isn't a mechanism to do exactly that, no, however you can sort of
achieve the same thing if you set up a .inc file that sets the SRCREV values
for each recipe and sets BB_NO_NETWORK at the same time (though the
latter could still be separate). e.g. let's call it no_network.inc:

BB_NO_NETWORK = "1"
SRCREV_pn-abc = "b4c2bd84ee6f699e348d602a82d2d0963384cdea"
SRCREV_pn-xyz = "e3b30def2cd1c9ede7630489c3949a45b6eba6ee"
..

Then to build offline you would just add the following to your config:

require no_network.inc

FYI you can enable buildhistory and use the buildhistory-collect-srcrevs
script to generate all those SRCREV lines so you don't have to do that
by hand:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#maintaining-build-output-quality

Cheers,
Paul