Hello all,

We have a device whose image is built using an older yocto image. It is based on yocto Danny, if I recall correctly.

How do users of yocto handle the need occasionally to update one or more component packages to deal with security vulnerabilities?

I am not a yocto expert and I was hoping there would be a clear way forward here.

Migrating all our recipes to the latest version of yocto probably should be done, but it would involve weeks of pain. I know, I started to do it sometime back.

So that is one option, but a very unattractive one at the moment.

When we jumped into using Yocto, I was hoping that there would be a clear answer to this, but I have been frustrated. Perhaps there is a clear answer, but it's outside of what I know.

What are my options and the tradeoffs of each?

Thanks

Brian