I think we would *like* this to be possible, from what I can tell I think the
issue is that the copies of the library in the sysroots of other dependent
recipes aren't being updated. The eSDK (and devtool) were originally written
when there weren't recipe-specific sysroots, and this stuff was a bit simpler.

Moving back to the full build system won't automatically fix this, though it
does make workarounds possible - you'd need to rebuild the dependent recipes
to get their sysroots updated.

Cheers,
Paul

--