On 11/23/18 10:02 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> I've take this quiet period as an opportunity to make some significant
> autobuilder changes:
>
> The targets have all been renamed and split up. "nightly-arm" became
> "qemuarm" and "beaglebone". The "nightly-" prefixes were dropped.
>
> The nightly target was dropped and replaced by "a-quick" and "a-full".
> The difference are a number of targets which don't often find problems.
> We're also ramping down on the amount of testing qemumips-lsb/qemuppc-
> lsb get for example as they're more minor architectures as things
> stand. The "a-" prefix is for sorting in the UI and to separate them
> out from the mass of other builds.
>
> There are now selftest targets per "distro" which can replace the
> testing that Intel QA have been doing. This is only done for "a-full"
> and the selftest on a distro at random is done by "a-quick".
>
> Buildhistory is only being generated for the qemu* targets.
>
> The "template" used for testing qemu or "real-hardware" targets was
> standardised as there were weird differences for now good reason.
>
> The structure of "non-release" builds on
> https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/ was cleaned up and now appears under
> a single date+number under the non-release directory which was how it
> was meant to work. All the other spurious output that was there has
> been cleaned up.
>
> XML test results are now being published for all builds, e.g.:
> https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/20181122-11/qemuarm64/
>
> Ptest was added to "a-full" builds for arm and x86 although the arm
> builds currently time out. The plan will be to enable arm when we have
> an arm build server with KVM support in our rack (next week?). ptest
> execution for x86 takes around 3 hours and some sample result output
> is:
>
> https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/20181122-11/qemux86-64-ptest/
>
> "meta-oe" and "meta-virt" test targets were added for experimentation,
> testing meta-openembedded and meta-virtualization respectively. These
> are work in progress currently just doing a "world -k" build for
> qemux86-64 which fails (they take around 2.5 hours).
>
> We now run "a-quick" on master at 1am every day which will make
What Time zone for 1am?
> buildhistory more up to date and useful for the master branch and give
> us better comparison data for -next and mut.
>
> wine is installed onto the ubuntu1804 workers and the mingw testing was
> split into a meta-mingw target, now with 32 and 64 bit build tests and
> 64 bit runtime tests. With master-next of meta-mingw this appears to
> run the test. Huge kudos to Joshua Watt for putting that testing
> together. If we install more onto the workers we could probably test 32
> bit as well, I'm torn on that right now as its a lot more dependencies
> on the workers.
>
> Building older releases is now broken until I sort out the
> corresponding helper changes for those branches but one thing at a
> time!

Does that include Thud ? I expect sumo and below to be problems.

Do the changes need to roll from newest to oldestĀ  or are they
independent? I was hoping to get Sumo tested using the original QA
process to buy us time to get the automation working on it. Does this
changes that ?

- armin