Howdy!

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 03:50:02PM +0000, n.stanisavlje...@polycaptil.fr wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> here is an introduction of my situation :
>
> I build a custom board from schematic of sitara AM335x-evmsk starter kit.
> I succeed to make a custom OS with yocto (krogoth version) and to boot this
> OS (embedded Linux) on my custom board.
>
> This custom board contain a touchscreen (same touchscreen like in the
> AM335x-evmsk starter kit).
>
> All worked fine on this board while I used krogoth version on yocto.
>
> my problem :
>
> Few time ago, I decided to migrate to sumo version of yocto.
> I build with success the OS (embedded Linux) with yocto sumo version for my
> custom board, but when I try to boot this OS, it's stop/lock and print the
> following message :
>
> "INIT:Id'00' respawning too fast : disabled for 5 minutes" (I put a
> screenshot of this message ridden on putty).
> Every 5 minutes I got this message and I can't acces to the user session on
> putty and on the touchscreen, all board is locked.

This is probably because you are basing off something that sets
SERIAL_CONSOLES for the yocto-kernel, like
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-yocto/tree/meta-yocto-bsp/conf/machine/beaglebone-yocto.conf?h=master#n23

If you are using a custom tree which does not use the special driver for
the uart, then you should be fine by setting
SERIAL_CONSOLES ?= "115200;ttyS0"
in your MACHINE config

> I don't understand why this problem appear when I build a OS with the sumo
> version on Yocto.
> I have not this problem when I build a OS with the krogoth version on yocto.
>
> Somebody can help me to solve this problem ?
> what can I do ?

Greetz

--
———————————————
Josef Holzmayr

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548