On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 at 10:37, Georgi Georgiev
<georgi.georg...@woodward.com> wrote:
> Thank you Ross.
> Everything went fine with makefile. It works in yocto and from cl
> Now another issue arise. The software guys will need the headers and when I
> "populated" sdk they were not in the rootfs. The symbolic links also were not
> there. The symlink (so.0) and the library is present in the image rootfs.
> Here is my recipe libanybus-m40.so_0.0.1.bb:

Headers and symlinks for what recipe?  This one?

> DESCRIPTION = "Anybus M40 Library"
> LICENSE = "GPLv2"
> LIC_FILES_CHKSUM =
> "file://${THISDIR}/files/LICENSE;md5=5959e502cb44bafc53b2cc9400e3d4cd"

Checksum a file in the source tree.

> PR = "r0"

Redundant, you can remove.

> PACKAGES = "${PN} ${PN}-dev ${PN}-dbg"

Redundant, remove.

> # This is to satisfy yocto QA
> TARGET_CC_ARCH += "${LDFLAGS}"

Better to fix your makefile so it doesn't override LDFLAGS
assignments: your makefile is what is broken here.

> do_compile() {
>     oe_runmake
> }

That's the default, you can remove this.

> do_install() {
>     install -d ${D}${libdir}
>     install -m 0644 ${PN}.${PV} ${D}${libdir}
> }
> Obvously I am missing something else....

You're not installing the headers or library symlinks, which is why
they're not in the SDK.

I suggest you move from raw makefiles to a build utility such as
autotools, cmake, or meson.

Ross