[Wendy] which board are you using?
I assume you generate BOOT.BIN with the bootgen.bif?
Did you use boot from SD or jtag boot?

> Also, while booting the a53 core and running echo_test-openamp, I get the
> following output :
> metal: info:      metal_uio_dev_open: No IRQ for device 3ed40000.vring.
> metal: info:      metal_uio_dev_open: No IRQ for device 3ed40000.vring.
> metal: info:      metal_uio_dev_open: No IRQ for device 3ed80000.shm.
> 1 - Send data to remote core, retrieve the echo and validate its integrity ..
> Remote proc resource initialized.
>
> and then nothing. I had to press Ctrl+C to abort.
> Can somebody explain what am I missing and how can I boot r5 core?
[Wendy] I am not sure if R5 booted. If you have jtag, you can connect jtag to
see if R5 is  running.
And see if it crashed.
You can also try to boot R5 from Linux.
You will need to place the remoteproc device node in the device tree, but
remove the IPI and the IPI interrupt from the remoteproc device node:

e.g.:
test_r50: zynqmp_r5_rproc@0 {
                        compatible = "xlnx,zynqmp-r5-remoteproc-1.0";
                        reg = <0x0 0xff9a0100 0 0x100>, <0x0 0xff9a0000 0
0x100>;
                        reg-names = "rpu_base", "rpu_glbl_base";
                        dma-ranges;
                        core_conf = "split0";
                        srams = <&r5_0_tcm_a &r5_0_tcm_b &ddr_fw0>;
                        pd-handle = <&pd_r5_0>;

                } ;

Best Regards,
Wendy