On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 6:36 AM Teemu K <maillinglist...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 7:21 AM Teemu K <maillinglist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:17 AM akuster <akus...@mvista.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > On 3/13/19 9:50 PM, Teemu K wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I noticed that when trying to build sdk on thud it fails on latest
> > > version. Actually it broke somewhere between commits:
> > >
> > > 1cab405d88149fd63322a867c6adb4a80ba68db3 (old)
> > > 7c76c5d78b850a9c1adccf8b11ed0164da608f1c (new)
> > >
> > > I'm using it with meta-freescale - layer to build image to iMX8.
> > >
> > > I'm using command 'populate_sdk' and it works fine on older version,
> > > but newer version it fails with error:
> > >
> > > Can you provide the steps to reproduce?
> > bitbake my-image-name -c populate_sdk
> >

> > > ==
> > > The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> > >  target-sdk-provides-dummy : Conflicts: coreutils
> > > E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> > >

> > > There is a change sitting in stable/thud-next:
> > >
> > > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=stable/thud-next&id=af5cf78b275ab5226354337d25d8dc1c41a08904
> > >
> > > which might be related. Can you try that branch?
> > >
> > > git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib  stable/thud-next
> > That did not solve the problem. I have coreutils in my image and it
> > kept conflicting. When I removed coreutils from my image it solved
> > that problem, but there were some problems with perl etc. From the
> > working version all those are missing from
> > target-sdk-provices-dummy.bb and my original image works just fine.
> I see that thud-branch has gotten even more 'fixes' for this sdk thing
> in last week, but the actual problem still stays. If image-recipe uses
> coreutils - recipe sdk build fails there because
> target-sdk-provides-dummy.bb has it listed. And if I remove that then
> it fails on next package.In my case it's bash-dev.
>
> Does those changes need something different how sdk is build or how to
> build sdk with those changes? I'm not sure why they are listed there
> in the first place if it overrides the actual package and does not
> provide 'dummy' if/when needed.
>
> To create sdk I use this command: bitbake <image-recipe> -c populate_sdk
>
> -Teemu

I updated to latest thud and this is still an issue. Isn't anyone else
building sdk or what I'm doing wrong?

I use command: bitbake <image-recipe> -c populate_sdk to generate sdk.

With unedited poky - meta layer it stops at error:

 target-sdk-provides-dummy : Conflicts: coreutils
--

If I remove that from poky/meta/recipes-core/meta/target-sdk-provides-dummy.bb

The next error is:
 apt-dev : Depends: apt (= 1.2.24-r0) but it is not going to be installed
           Recommends: bash-dev
--

If I remove that from file mentioned before the next error is about
perl-dev. If I remove that it ends up on this error:

 target-sdk-provides-dummy-dev : Depends: target-sdk-provides-dummy (=
1.0-r0) but it is not going to be installed
--

For testing purposes I removed everything from that file except bash
and after that the sdk generated just fine.

I don't know enough about yocto/poky so what is the use of this
target-sdk-provides-dummy thingie and why things are added there that
keep breaking the sdk generation or do I need to generate sdk now
someway differently? Atm. I'm either stuck on that older thud -
version or I have to manually edit this
target-sdk-provides-dummy-dev.bb - file.

-Teemu