Hey,

I'm trying to implement a bootloader-signing mechanism within yocto for
extended secure-boot support. The bootloader and it's recipes are provided by
NXP (in this case it's the imx-boot_*.bb recipe from meta-freescale) and I want
to use a secondary recipe which I am creating to sign the resulting boot
binary. My issue is that the NXP code signing tool needs some info about the
binary to sign. These details are send to stdout by imx-mkimage tool, which is
called by the imx boot makefile (used here:
https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale/blob/master/recipes-bsp/imx-mkimage/imx-boot_0.2.bb#L104).

I can override the compile step of imx-boot to save stdout into a file, deploy
this file and later parse it to extract the offset dump, but that feels "ugly"
and the file is by no means a output of the imx-boot recipe for the target
system, but for another step. Is there any recommended way to parse such
variable metadata between recipes?

Olli