This doesn't directly answer your question but for searching Yojimbo
via Spotlight, I use MoRU which is an excellent shareware interface to
Spotlight.  Searching Yj via MoRU/Spotlight is wickedly fast--much
faster than using Yj.  I set up a smartgroup for Yojimbo items in MoRU
and assign a hotkey to it.  I can then search within that smartgroup
very easily.

http://www.windstormsoftware.com/wssw/moru/index.html

Cheers,
Rhet