On 7/14/07 at 11:59 AM, jON bEEBE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spake thusly:

I just wanted to share some AppleScripts that I wrote to enable rating of library items akin to iTunes’ 5-star rating system. You can read about them here: http://www.beebeography.com/rw/index.php?id=7659855238015915961. The download link is at the bottom of the article.

Nice idea. I changed it a bit to it to make it more usable (for me). :)

--> Cut <--
property taglst : {"", "", "", "", ""}

tell application "Yojimbo"
        set theSelection to selection
end tell

if (theSelection is missing value) then error number -128

set theTag to choose from list taglst with prompt "Select a tag:" without multiple selections allowed
if theTag is false then error number -128

if ((count of theSelection) > 0) then
        my removeYojimboTags(theSelection, taglst)
        my addYojimboTags(theSelection, {theTag})
end if

on addYojimboTags(theItems, theTag)
        tell application "Yojimbo"
                repeat with thisItem in theItems
                        add tags theTag to thisItem
                end repeat
        end tell
end addYojimboTags

on removeYojimboTags(theItems, taglst)
        tell application "Yojimbo"
                repeat with thisItem in theItems
                        remove tags taglst from thisItem
                end repeat
        end tell
end removeYojimboTags

John
--
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure. -Thomas Jefferson