The according menu entry is "Format -> Ruler -> Show Ruler". I am not a native speaker, but for me a "ruler" is not very intuitive.

The terminology comes from word processors. Originally, the "ruler" was used to set tab stops and margins. As time marched on, people started sticking things like justification controls, stylesheets, and other formatting things" into it.

If I hadn't seen rulers evolve over the years, I'd never think that "ruler" was the right word for that interface element.

For what it's worth, most English localized software will call it the same thing.

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list <>.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archives:  <>
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working
correctly? Please send mail to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to