Hey,

I'd like to use Yojimbo to keep a daily work diary. To make it easier, I'd like to set up an applescript that will create the title of the diary entry (based on today's date) and either (a) find the entry if it already exists or (b) create a new entry if it does not.

I've figured out how to create the new entry, but I can't figure out how to search Yojimbo to see if it already exists. In addition, I'm not sure how to have Yojimbo select the diary entry and bring it to the front. Here's what I have:

tell application "Yojimbo"
        set mytags to {"QLogic", "Diary"}
        set mytitle to date string of (current date)
        try
                -- find existing note
                set mynote to ???
        on error
                -- create a new note
                set mynote to (make new note item with properties ¬
                        {name:mytitle, contents:"imported on " & date})

                add tags mytags to mynote
        end try
        activate
        -- how do I bring the note to the front?
end tell

Thanks for any help you can give!
--
Michael Heinz