Well, since Yojimbo needs to be shut down for a Time Machine backup, perhaps
someone can either cobble together a simple script or share the script they've
already written. I don't have the chops, sorry.

For example, Filemaker Server has a built-in backup function that, at a user
designated interval, quits the program, copies the database(s) to another
location, then restarts the program. Typically these are later backed up by a
system wide backup.

I've been doing this manually (dupe db, compress db, discard dupe), but a
script could be ideal. Or was this mentioned and I missed it?

Jeff