(I don't know what it's like for you but, I find I discover programs one menu item at a time; a year or so of having used it every day and I'm still finding things in BBEdit that amaze/delight me.)

I have the advantage of having the source code for both of these programs, so I have a pretty good handle on what's in them. :-)

Steve