Contact:
Sandile Dayi, Provincial Secretary, +27 72 667 0757
Wandile Dlamini, Provincial Spokesperson, +27 73 804 0644

  _____

YCLSA.png

YCLSA supports SASBO National Day of Action

The Young Communist League of South Africa (YCLSA) in Moses Mabhida Province
supports the South African Society of Bank Officials (SASBO) National Strike
that will take place on the 27th September 2019.

The National Strike will send a message to the banks to halt retrenchments
that have become commonplace in the banking sector. Earlier this year
Standard Bank announced to reconfigure its branch infrastructure which
resulted in 1200 workers losing their jobs. The bank closed about 104
branches, 49 in Gauteng which further 11 and 10 in Western Cape and KwaZulu
Natal respectively. In March, ABSA Group announced it would restructure its
South African retail and business banking unit which will basically affect
about 870 jobs.

Furthermore, statistics South Africa's (StatsSA) quarterly labour force
survey for the second quarter of 2019 shows that 6.7-million people are
currently unemployed in South Africa, which is 29% of everybody who could be
working and by the expanded definition, more than 10 million people are
unemployed, or 38.5% of people who could be working, majority of whom are
young people.

While we are support digitalization and the adoption of automating
technologies in the sector, the banks, however, have to implement programs
that will prepare workers for this era and the future, to circumvent the
onslaught on unskilled and semiskilled workers. As majority of the workers
in this sector are young people and in line with our Jobs for Youth
Campaign, we will be in the forefront in mobilizing and coming with long
lasting permanent solutions in this sector.

We remain determined and resolute in building a Left Popular Front of the
working class against all austerity measures and to strengthen the driving
of the second and more radical phase of the National Democratic Resolution.

Issued on 23 September 2019 by the YCLSA Moses Mabhida Province

Contact:

Sandile Dayi, Provincial Secretary, +27 72 667 0757

Wandile Dlamini, Provincial Spokesperson, +27 73 804 0644

You are subscribed. This footer can help you.
Please POST your comments to yclsa-eom-fo...@googlegroups.com or reply to this
message.
You can visit the group WEB SITE at
http://groups.google.com/group/yclsa-eom-forum for different delivery options,