YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E, radosti!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dachaz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "YUmetal mailing group" <YUmetal@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 00:27
Subject: [YUmetal] Deco, radujte se, oterashe Tarju u 3 kurca...

> NIGHTWISH Part Ways With Singer TARJA TURUNEN, Vow To Carry On - Oct. 22,
2005
> NIGHTWISH mainman Tuomas Holopainen (keyboards) has issued the following
"open letter" to the group's singer, Tarja Turunen:

> "Dear Tarja,
>
> "It's time to choose whether the story of NIGHTWISH ends here or whether
it will still continue an undetermined period of time. We've been working
with this creation for 9 years and we are not ready to give up yet.
NIGHTWISH is a way of life, something to live for, and we're certain we
can't let it go.

> "Equally certain is the fact that we cannot go on with you and Marcelo any
longer. During the last year something sad happened, which I've been going
over in my head every single day, morning and night. Your attitude and
behavior don't go with NIGHTWISH anymore. There are characteristics I would
never have believed to see in my old dear friend. People who don't talk with
each other for a year do not belong in the same band.

> "We are involved in an industry where the business side of things is a
necessary evil and something to worry about all the time. We are also a band
which has always done music from the heart, because of friendship and the
music itself. The mental satisfaction should always be more important than
money! Nightwish is a band, it's an emotion.

> "To you, unfortunately, business, money, and things that have nothing to
do with those emotions have become much more important. You feel that you
have sacrificed yourself and your musical career for NIGHTWISH, rather than
thinking what it has given to you. This attitude was clearly shown to me in
the two things you said to me in an airplane in Toronto: 'I don't need
NIGHTWISH anymore,' and 'Remember, Tuomas, that I could leave this band at
any time, giving you only one day's warning in advance.'

> "I can't simply write any more songs for you to sing.
>
> "You have said yourself that you are merely a 'guest musician' in
NIGHTWISH. Now that visit ends and we will continue NIGHTWISH with a new
female vocalist. We're sure this is an equally big relief to you as it is
for us. We have all been feeling bad long enough.

> "You told us that no matter what, the next NIGHTWISH album will be your
last one. However, the rest of us want to continue as long as the fire
burns. So there's no sense in doing that next album with you, either.
> "The four of us have been going over this situation countless times and we
have realized that this is the thing we want to do in life. It's all we can
do. In December 2004, in Germany, you said that you will never tour again
for more than two weeks at a time. You also said that we can forget about
U.S. and Australia because the fees and the sizes of venues are too small.

> "In interviews I've mentioned that if Tarja leaves, that would be the end
of the band. I understand that people will think this way. NIGHTWISH is,
however, a scenery of my soul and I'm not ready to let go because of one
person. A person who wants to focus her creativity to somewhere else, a
person whose values don't match mine.

> "We were never bothered by the fact that you didn't participate in
writing/arranging songs, you never in 9 years came to rehearse the songs
with us before going to the studio. Not the fact that while on tour you
always wanted to fly, separately from us with your husband. Not the fact
that you are an undisputable front image of the band. We accepted and felt
OK about everything except greed, underestimating the fans, and breaking
promises. It was agreed by the five of us that NIGHTWISH would be the
priority in everything that we do during 2004-2005. Still so many things
were more important to you. The ultimate example being the already sold-out
show in Oslo, which you wanted to cancel because you needed to rehearse for
your solo concerts, meet frieds and go to the movies. Those were the words
Marcelo used in an e-mail explaining the cancellation. This being just one
example of so many. I couldn't think of a worse way of being selfish and
dismissing our fans.

> "NIGHTWISH is a way of life and a job with many obligations. To each other
and to the fans. With you we can't take care of those duties anymore.

> "Deep within we don't know which one of you drove us to this point.
Somehow Marcelo has changed you from the lovely girl you were into a diva,
who doesn't think or act the way she used to. You are too sure of your
irreplaceableness and status.

> "It's obvious that you blame your stress and misery on us four. And you
think we don't respect or listen to you. Believe us; We have always had the
uppermost respect towards you as a wonderful vocalist and as a friend. And
very often during the past couple of years the plans were made according to
your decisions only. You were always the only one who wanted more money from
the shows.

> "This 'compensation and more money from everything' attitude is the fact
that we are most disappointed of!

> "We wish that from now on you will listen to your heart instead of
Marcelo. Cultural differences combined with greed, opportunism and love is a
dangerous combination. Do not wither yourself.

> "This decision is not something we are especially proud of but you gave us
no choice. The gap between us is too wide. And the decision is made by us
four unanimously. We are beyond the point where things could be settled by
talking.

> "All the best for your life and career, Tuomas."
>
> NIGHTWISH recorded the final show of their "Once" world tour — on Friday
(Oct. 21) at the Hartwall Arena in Helsinki — for an upcoming CD/DVD,
entitled "End of an Era". "As you can imagine, the atmosphere in the arena
was wild but also quite blue," the band write on their web site. "This was
the ending for a one and a half year lasting 'Once' world Tour. NIGHTWISH
wishes to thank everybody for an unbelievable tour. Unfortunately, the title
'End of an Era' also holds a deeper meaning."

http://us.click.yahoo.com/iuUuID/dnQLAA/n1hLAA/rzJolB/TM