Releasedate

The new Borknagar-album will be called Origin, and is set to be released
in Europe through Century Media/EMI on the 30th of October, and on the
31st of October for the U.S.

Most of our fans will know by now that Origin is a purely acoustic
album. A sheer and honest result of a vision that we have had for many
years: To let the acoustic basis of our music out to thrive and grow
throughout an entire album. Those who are familiar with our music know
that it has always had a very organic feel to it, and therefore we have
chosen to focus entirely on the atmospheric and acoustic aspects of the
band this time around. We love the result and truly believe that it
shows a character and a side of the Borknagar that you have never heard
before - only sensed.

To accomplish the organic sound of the album, we have worked with
several eminent musicians. Erik Tiwaz aka Tyr (bass) has spiced our
album with his rumbling, low frequent wizardry, Sareeta (violin) and
Thomas Nilsson (cello) have helped us to obtain the genuine wooden
string sound that the album craved, and Norwegian flute-icon Steinar
Ofsdal (flutes and recorders) has added mystic and enchanting
atmospheres into the organic framework.

In good tradition, the cover and lay-out is once more courtesy of Asgeir
Mickelson.

More information will follow shortly!

----Øystein G. Brun

from Borknagar @ myspace
--
AntA the Jezivi
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] | ICQ:58011343 | Jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED] |

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: