Peter Lindgren has stepped down from his guitar wielding duties after 16
years in Opeth. Below is an open letter from Peter addressing the issue:

"It is with sadness I announce that Opeth and I are going separate ways
after almost 16 years. The decision has been the toughest I've ever made
but it is the right one to make at this point in my life.

The reason behind this is that I feel that I simply have lost some of
the enthusiasm and inspiration needed to participate in a band that has
grown from a few guys playing the music we love to a world-wide
industry. The love of music has always been, and still is, our motive,
but I personally have lost something along the way. The massive amount
of touring has taken its toll. Opeth has worked extremely hard to get
where we are right now and in order to persist and maintain the quality
of the music, it is necessary that we continue to work hard and  always
stay focused. But in doing so, it means that we nowadays spend 18 or 19
months on the road and I don't feel the same enthusiasm for the upcoming
world tour that I have felt earlier. I have come to a point where I
realize I won't be able to give the band 100%, and from both sides this
will not be good enough for what Opeth stands for. I will always love
playing, listening to, and living music, but I will do it differently
from now on.

These years has easily been the best of my life and I will always
cherish the memory of what we have experienced together. I would like to
thank the band, our management, record label people, all the bands I've
made friends with for everything. Most of all, I would like to thank the
fans from the depth of my heart for the support throughout the years.

I wish Mikael, Martin, Per and Axe all the best and I am confident they
will continue doing the greatest music in the world!! /Peter"

Fredrik Åkesson has been confirmed as being the new guitarist in Opeth.
Visit his MySpace at:

Says Mikael Åkerfeldt: "Well, I think it's too soon right now to fully
be able to explain what I feel. Peter and I had been working in this
band together for almost half of our lives and we shared some
unforgettable experiences together all over the world. We will obviously
remain friends and this "break up" has been on very good terms from both
sides. We all wish him the best of luck with his future ventures!

Fredrik was the only name that popped up thinking about a replacement
for Peter. In my opinion he's one of the top 3 guitar players out of
Sweden. We all get along great as we've known each other for maybe 4
years + he already has the experience to take on the circus-like
lifestyle we lead as members of Opeth.

I can't wait to see what he can bring to the table musically and also to
get out on the roads touring together. His first gig will be at the
Ilosaari festival in Finland. I'm sure he'll shit his pants before that
one, but then will I!"

N.P. Thyrfing - Valdr Galga
AntA the Jezivi
|     MSN:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    |    AIM:antatj   |    Y!:m_anta    |

Одговори путем е-поште