On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 14:12 +0200, Krister Jarl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've noted an issue regarding the parser in Yxa.
>
> Consider the following line:
> Contact: <sip:s...@192.168.0.2>\rsip:s...@192.168.0.3\r\n
>
> Note the CR before the second URI. This seems to be an attempt to
> specify multiple Contact-headers, but they got it wrong.
>
> Yxa does not interpret this CR as a line terminator, which is mandated
> by RFC2543. Shouldn't Yxa accept this and send it out as Contact:
> <sip:s...@192.168.0.2>\r\nsip:s...@192.168.0.3\r\n?

I think maybe RFC3261 changed the rules for line breaks. Would have to
be checked.

They got more than one thing wrong though - correct formatting would
include a leading whitespace on the second line too.

Contact : <sip:s...@192.168.0.2>,\r\n sip:s...@192.168.0.3\r\n

I note that they ALSO missed the comma. A bit much to fix at the
receiving end instead of at the sending end, don't you think?