On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 13:33 -0500, Vance Shipley wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:10:38AM -0500, Kaiduan Xie wrote:
> }  Then we need to save the log level to ETS or Mnesia, and every time,
> }  you want to log, we need to read from ETS/Mnesia.
>
> That is not the functional way.  The debug level should be
> learned at initialization time and then kept in state.  The
> debug level can be passed down to spawned processes in the
> start arguments.

Would passing an ETS table reference count as functional? ;)

That is something I have been experimenting with (experimenting as in it
works, I just have to write documentation and commit it) lately for YXA
configuration.

We're moving from having a named table with global configuration data
towards passing a reference to /a/ version of configuration data that a
process and all it's future children should use.