On Mon, 2013-09-02 at 13:47 +0200, Johan Vikman wrote:

> > So, really, I don't think the requirement is for the 300 response in
> > step 3 to be sent using TLS/TCP (SIP does not support upgrading from
> > TCP/UDP for the response, IIRC). I think the requirement is that the
> > E-CSCF uses TLS when it connects to a TLS capable PSAP in step 4.
> That was my guess to, but the product owner wants the transport to
> change in the 300 response.
Ok, well - that's just not how SIP works. The response is sent using the
same transport as the request arrived on.

The UAS can send back a redirect to get the UAC to re-submit it's
request using TLS, but I bet you don't want to introduce latency in the
112 flow.

You could have YXA proxy the request to the PSAP instead. Buys you some
benefits, costs you some issues.