Malthe Borch wrote:
> Currently, an option to keep a cache of translated templates is
> offered via an environment variable, making application startup
> considerably faster. However, it might be more intuitive to follow
> Python's behavior of writing a .pyc-file next to the original file.
> This could only work for us, if all current "translations" of the
> template would be kept in the same file. Hence, instead of using the
> canonical symbol ``render`` for the render-method, we'd use
> ``render_some_signature`` and have them appear one next to the other
> in the .pyc file.
> The cache would function like so:
> 1) Try to import the render-method from the file ""
> 2) If this fails, compile the template and append it to this .pyc file
> (by remarshalling the module contents).

Kid does something similar I think. It has the nasty side-effect of
requiring an in each template directory, but that is
probably just a flaw in its implementation.

The only possible worry I have is that you may not be able to write to
the directory containing the templates. I don't think it is problematic
if that only hurts performance, but it should not break the whole thing.

Wichert Akkerman<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.                  It is hard to make things simple.

"" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at