Hey Hanno, –––

Right, so the main feature of the new disk cache is that it actually
correctly represents the entire state of the template class, something
that was not the case previously. It can probably be optimized and we
can also revert to the previous strategy, but it's important that
we've got something that behaves correctly now.

The challenge was to keep all of the compiled stuff in a single file;
using pickle was a shortcut; we can certainly experiment with other
strategies.

As for Hello World, then yes, I've noticed this and I wonder what
causes it; unfortunately, my refactor was so substantial that I could
not incrementally check the benchmark.

Let's meet in #repoze.

\malthe