Note: Beware! Default reply-to is to the list.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Anne Wainwright
<anothera...@fables.co.za> wrote:
> Note: Beware! Default reply-to is to the list.
>

> Hi,
>
> I was looking at Perl IDEs. Not much around, but I found Padre on cpan.
>
> No 'star rating', no reviews, what gives? Do we all use vim and the
> perl debugger?
>
> Anne

I'm a Vim user, before that I used to work with UltraEdit under
Windows, but luckily those times belong to the past :)

Learning Vim was a necessity and I found it a highly useful skill, if
you are required to work often on Unix/Linux servers, Vim is most
probably there already, and if not, for sure it's easily installable.

As per IDE environments, I never tried it, but ActiveState has a
product called Komodo, which has Perl integration, but is not
freeware.

Padre is fairly recent, I don't have any experience with it.

I guess once you are a Vim user it's very hard to switch to something else :)

--
Edoardo